[info_box]The Far West Region uses Dropbox for the sharing and uploading of files throughout the region. All Teen Conference forms, photos, bios, etc. are easily uploaded as well as Chapter Handbook submissions, chapter photos and numerous other files![/info_box]
- Did You Know?
The Far West Region uses Dropbox for the sharing and uploading of files throughout the region. All Teen Conference forms, photos, bios, etc. are easily uploaded as well as Chapter Handbook submissions, chapter photos and numerous other files!
1. Document storage
• Digital dropbox(https://www.dropbox.com/): free file storage that looks like a folder on your computer but sincs on the web and to the files of other connected users
• Google docs: Google product
2. Online Meetings • TeamViewer (http://teamviewer.com/): this is a free version of
GoToMeeting in which you can have multiple people meeting on the web, online presentations, or you can work remotely on another computer. It is a bit more cumbersome than GoToMeeting, but it is free!
• GoToMeeting (www.gotomeeting.com): this is a very user friendly web‐ based program for online meetings, presentations, or working on computers remotely. However, it is about $30 per month which gets expensive. There is a free 30‐day trial that you can use if you need something short‐term.
• AnyMeeting (http://www.anymeeting.com/): can do video conferencing and web meetings for large audiences for free.
3. Event Scheduling • Doodle (http://www.doodle.com/): this is a relatively simply method of
scheduling a meeting where people log in and indicate which times of a
specified list that they can either meet or not meet. • Eventbrite (http://www.eventbrite.com/): allows people to sign up for
an event and pay any associated fees through paypal • Evite (www.evite.com/) • GCalendar: use the Google Calendar to schedule events and share
calendars • Schedule Once (http://www.scheduleonce.com/): appointment, meeting
scheduling. Has a more limited free option.
4. Conference calls/video conferencing
• FreeConferenceCall.com (www.freeconferencecall.com): • Skype (www.skype.com/) • Google product “GTalk” • Google product “GChat”
• Picasa (www.picasa.google.com/) • Flickr (www.flickr.com/) • Photobucket (http://photobucket.com/) • Zooomr (www.zooomr.com/) • Photoshop Express (www.photoshop.com/)
6. Webpage hosts (see table below from:
free • Homestead (www.homestead.com)
8. Web resources list • http://www.mindmeister.com/12213323: this webpage is updated
frequently and lists web resources. Unfortunately, it is hard to read but could be very valuable.